jueves, 3 de junio de 2010

end of an era

It's now June, the last month of my contract for this year and the end of my stay in a Spanish school. And no, I do not have anything planned for next year. But this isn't about next year, it's about my school. Stay with the subject. So anyway. This is the moment I have been looking forward to and dreading all year. Looking forward to it because it's the beginning of summer, and dreading it because it's the beginning of unemployment. Yikes. And while I imagined I would have a lot of feelings, I didn't think I would miss working in preschool, i.e. the children. That may be a terrible thing to say, but at least I'm being honest. Working with children is exhausting. "Abi, can I go to the bathroom? I have boogers! Look at my shoes! I HAVE TO PEEEEEEE!!" And so on. So I was surprised to find that I feel a little sad leaving those buggers. I will miss the little ones singing Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" to themselves, and telling me that "Me duele la tummy!" They are adorable despite themselves. And they are quite a self-esteem booster. Everyday, I'm told how pretty I am. And then hugged. I feel that doesn't happen in the workplace. I'm not ready to leave preschool!!

No hay comentarios: