domingo, 12 de septiembre de 2010

so this is it, then

Well. Here I am, back in Madrid. I have received a lot of questions, such as, What? Why? What are you doing? It's a valid question, since I myself am not entirely sure. I'm figuring things out, and how better to get a grip on life than with the help of ham? And while I am fully committed to the planning of life, I can't spend all day, everyday doing just that. I'll go crazy! So, I've made a list of things that I want to accomplish before I leave this city. You may notice that almost all of them are food-drink related. It's not really a surprise.

1. Sunday in La Latina

2. Chicken and cider!

3. A night at Charada, finishing with breakfast (preferably churros)

4. Tetuán Day!

5. Go to a game in Santiago Bernebeu

6. La Chata for their pimientos rellenos

7. One more time on the tapa route

8. Melo's en Lavapies for their million calorie sandwich and their croquetas.

9. Picnic in the Retiro and perhaps row a boat

10. Go to Amsterdam to see Leo (ok...so that's not in Madrid. It's close)

11. Go to Naples with Sarah to eat pizza

12. La Mucca, not just for drinks.

13. Eat a Menú del Día

14. Eat cochinillo (suckling pig), maybe even in Segovia

15. Casa Lucío, for their huevos estrellados

16. Dance the night away at Zombie (yes, I do pronounce it with a th).

17. Of course, go to the Big Three: El Prado, El Thyssen, y La Reina Sofía (not to be confused with the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa María).

18. A night in Malasaña

19. Go to Morocco

20. Ham tour.

Any suggestions? I'm going to be a busy girl.

No hay comentarios: