lunes, 2 de marzo de 2009

the pro/con list

To help me make my decision about where to live next year, I made a pro/con list. For your enjoyment, here it is:
AMERICA
Pro
  • No visa problems
  • Friends and Family
  • Lots of peanut butter
  • Don't have to try to figure out European-sized clothing
  • Will no longer have to pretend to understand Celsius
Con
  • JOBLESS DURING THE GREAT DEPRESSION PART II
  • No health insurance
  • No apartment
  • Being poor and starting over
  • Job search
SPAIN
Pro
  • Improve Spanish
  • Financial security
  • Socialized medicine
  • Jamón serrano (HAM)
  • Cheap grad school programs
  • Drinking is socially acceptable before 12 PM
  • CHEAP rent
  • Cheap and good olive oil
  • Ex-pat status makes you cooler
  • Strong Euro (well...before)
  • Traveling is really fun
  • It's not that cold
Con
  • Really, there's only teaching jobs
  • Delaying the inevitable of going back?
  • Being lonely
  • Figuring out the giant bureaucratic nightmare of the Spanish higher education system
  • My bank charged me 15 euros for not being Spanish?!?!?!
  • All my clothes smell like smoke after a night out
  • VISA DRAMA
  • Movies are dubbed.
  • Can't touch the fruit before I buy it.
  • Desert-like conditions in the summer.
  • Preschoolers.

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

I can't tell you how proud I am that you actually had jamon in the reasons to stay category. You've come such a long way, btw are you in spain through the summer?